Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 43 - Running on Fumes

Alright - need to take my first mulligan on the workouts.  Landed at 7:30 this morning from an 11 hr flight with no sleep, got an hour of face time in at home, a two hour nap and then straight to the office.  Moreover, it isn't looking like I will get out of here soon.  I am utterly exhausted and will need to spend a modicum of time with the family before they retire for the night.  Will hit the rope and abs at home and then double up one of the weekend workouts or do a make up one on Tue.  Hate to bargain with myself like this as I have been militant about getting these workouts knocked out in spite of all the traveling.  I actually feel really guilty about it - and by telling you all, that I will compel myself to get it done, even though this is fully on me. 

6 comments:

  1. Let go of the idea of perfection and rest. Forcing a workout can often be counterproductive to muscle gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can only do so much in a day. Don't feel guilty about anything! Tomorrow's workout isn't going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. think of the break as a part of your indulgence. just dont use it as an excuse tomorrow!

    welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if you don't rest you'll get sick, and then you'll fall further behind, so good call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nearly impossible to be perfect on this program given all the other demands on our time, don't beat yourself up too much, just don't make it a habit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed with everyone, sometimes you just have to listen to your body. In this instance its telling you to rest! Find your travel/PCP combo very admirable, there is no way i'd be able to do this on the road.

    ReplyDelete