Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 days down...almost

Been a few hellacious days on the job pushing my mealtimes from regular to sporadic and my sleep from plentiful to a few hours a night.  Remarkably, my energy level has been good and my appetite hasn't generated the usual cravings for late night comfort food such as katsu dons, pizza or yakitori.  Missed the afternoon fruit yesterday and didn't do the banana, apple and egg white dinner until close to midnight, so I missed the evening veggie snack.  The stomach felt really uncomfortable after dinner and falling asleep wasn't easy, also complicated by a sick child and early morning meeting notes running through my brain.

As I was re-fueling at lunch today (third day in a row of assorted sashimi and spinach salad), I realized that my eating habits lately have seemed more clinical and that it isn't just the comfort food that I not craving, but that there has been an absence of cravings in general.  I am definitely enjoying eating, but I have had utterly no cravings for things that I know I like - such as gai pad kaprow, yakisoba, or a bacon cheeseburger.  I know I need to mix it up, but the sashimi hasn't gotten old, but haven't really savored it either.  Speaking of sashimi, does uni qualify as protein and does having some tamago throw me over any daily egg threshold?

Still managing to hit the gym early morning knowing that if I don't get it done, the need to do so will be lingering over me all day.  I am with the consensus that doubling up the legs and abs has upped the intensity and difficulty of the workouts.  I personally dislike the lunges/jumps sit-ups/plank more than the squat/creep leg raise/v-sit combo and am still hitting failure short of the sit-up rep target.

4 comments:

  1. Uni is protein, and doesn't count for an egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you mention it, I have lost the cravings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac I think most of the rest of us are doing crunches, not full blown sit-ups (?) ...which are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunges are the worst by far, I can handle most of the other leg exercises. Find that meals are just food these days, don't really enjoy them or dislike them, just eating to eat I guess...good you aren't craving anything.

    ReplyDelete