Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 79 - Indulgence III and more

Was in China and elected to indulge on mexican food - kind of sounds backwards, but that is what I did.  Given the difficulty staying on course during business shindigs in China, I elected to roll with it and hit one of my usual Xiamen haunts - Coyote, which serves up surprisingly good mexican food and margaritas.  You said to hit it hard Patrick, so that is what I did.  My colleague and I started with the beef nachos and I went with 2 steak tacos and a fish taco for the main, and a premium margarita to wash it all down - I also ordered some cucumber sticks, just in the spirit of PCP.    All in all, where the other indulgences were fully appreciated, this one was underwhelming.  I won't say it was a letdown, but the taste just isn't quite as I remember it - maybe it was an off night or something.

With the indulgence out of the way, it was still very hard to stay on course (with the exception of breakfast) both meal and snack wise.  Meetings ate into snack time, and my chinese just isn't good enough to be able to order boiled eggs or steamed veggies and fish without salt or oil.  I definitely give my hosts a great deal of gratitude for trying, but I the "grilled assorted veggies" with no salt were actually fried veggies doused in oil, and the "steamed fish" came served in the same manner with surplus chili oil.  I am not sure if the food had anything to do with it, but I certainly felt less energetic than I have over the past few months, and was grateful to get home last night and steam some veggies and grill some chicken. 

Have a four days in Tokyo to recover before leaving for Europe on Monday.  Kind of disappointed that most of my last week of PCP will be on the road, but the time does fly by.  I think if I learned anything with this last indulgence, it is that I have really begun to enjoy the PCP way - something I would have never imagined back when I was forcing myself to stay sane while wolfing down the apple and egg white shakes.  Am really curious to see my habits come the end of December when I am no longer being told what to do.

2 comments:

  1. You will find when you are let off the leash your willpower becomes even stronger, because you are eating for YOU, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny how you and Blow both chose mexican!

    ReplyDelete