Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Days 46 - 50

Was told by the staff at the gym Monday morning that I could no longer jump rope in the stretching room upstairs.  When I asked why, i received an answer very common here - because it is "abunai" (dangerous).  I asked if someone had complained, which is definitely what happened, but got no response.  I love it, if I am in the way just tell me to stop or move!  Not a big deal but I still get a laugh at the inability to be direct.

My energy levels have been pretty low this week -  both during the workout and in general.  On the workout,  I am getting through 15 min of rope without rest, but my resistance training just sucked for a few days - didn't feel very strong until this morning, and hope that I am back on track.  BTW, I thought I would be happy to have more leg exercises today until I realized there was an extra set of jumps - that was really intense.  


A friend was in town from london last night and a crew all went out to some teppanyaki - a lot of feed, drink and revelry.  It was super hard to not cash in the indulgence, but I made it through ok.  Note for future reference however, drinking 10 perriers is not good on the gut - almost felt sick when I got home.   



3 comments:

  1. Yikes, 10 Perriers! My bladder would revolt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weak feeling days are actually when your body is cranking out the most muscle. So you're more "on track" then than a day when you crush it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get some strange looks at the gym when jumping rope, though they haven't told me to stop yet. Weather outside is great now for jumping though...baird beer indulgence manyana?

    ReplyDelete