Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 14 - Break on thru rope wise

Made it all the way through 800 skips this morning without stopping for a rest - had previously been doing short sets of 250 - 300 with a small break (probably more than 20 sec) in between.  Went to the gym this morning intent on pushing my limits to 400 or so skips, but was able to keep it up to completion (no pun intended) after getting there.  Since stating in yesterday's blog, I would get the make up skips in from Sunday, I did those thereafter; however, I had to tone it back down to sets of 250-300.  As a result, what little calf muscles i do have were pretty tight all day.

For the workout, I did monday's since I was a day behind and note my abs are still real weak, as the leg raises (did them hanging today) are still difficult, as are the basic sit-ups.

5 comments:

  1. Dude great work on the rope, setting your mind to it and doing it. I did 4 x200 with 20 seconds in between. My calves just don't like me, but I think it's time I've gotta follow your lead and power through. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to have you back! even if it is for a couple of days!

    Find some German Man-Heren to push you through the work outs and then rub you down afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging leg raises? I think you may have inadvertantly stumbled upon the kung-fu sit-up! You are way ahead of your time.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! The jumping gets better/easier pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete